Friday’s Top 5: Best Roads in the USA
As a truck driver, it can feel more than stressful planning your route, especially depending on the season. To help you make up your mapping decision, use our guide below to the Top 5 Best Roads in the USA.
1. U.S. Route 6U.S. Route 6 can offer you views along the way, as one of the longest transcontinental highways in the country. Running east to northeast, you can get from the coast of Bishop, California to the coast on the other side, located in Provincetown, Massachusetts, in no time.
With 14 states along the road, you will find some of the best towns and cities along the drive, with plenty of wildlife scenery for the nature lovers as well.
2. Interstate 40If accessibility is really what you’re going after on your trucking drive, then look no further than Interstate 40. It’s longest stretch occurs within Tennessee, from the Mississippi River to the Appalachians.
The road surface is top-rated there, with plenty of blacktop to make your drive as smooth as possible. The Department of Transportation in Tennessee understand the commute along that stretch, so they put emphasis on the investment in infrastructure in order to maintain the road for everyone who drives on it.
3. California State Route 1If you go at the right time of the year, then California State Route 1 is one of the most beautiful highways in the country. Running along most of the Pacific coastline of California, it is the longest state route in the state.
There are plenty of scenic attractions to capture your attention while you drive, and it also serves as a major thoroughfare for the major cities located in California. If beautiful beaches and blue water make you feel at home, then you’ll feel more than happy along this drive.
4. Jefferson HighwayIf nature and natural history are more of your thing, then you’ll love the Jefferson Highway. Running from New Orleans to Canada, you’ll love the difference in types of trees that you’ll see along the way.
Nicknamed the “Pine to Palm Highway”, you’ll love the change in scenery as you go about your way.
5. U.S. 50Last but not least, consider driving on U.S. 50 in order to see more of the USA. Again from coast to coast, this time you’ll see some of our country’s most wonderful landscapes, including:
- The Sierra Nevadas
- Appalachian Mountains
- Rock Mountains
- Great Plains
- Deserts of Utah and Nevada
And so much more! It’ll feel like you’re traveling back in history while also getting to see some pretty nice views, which is more than worth the trip.
Interested in More Advice About the Roads in the USA?
Then contact UTECH today. From advice about the trucking to products that can help your business run, we are committed to providing quality services to our customers in the transportation industry.